Conditions of Entry
Australia Broadband Pty Ltd
Promoter Postal Address
To enter this competition, entrants must be an Australian resident aged 18 or over.
Entries WILL NOT be accepted from directors, officers, management and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter or of the agencies or companies connected with this competition.
Immediate families means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
Starts 9am AEDT on 18/06/2018 and closes at 11.59pm AEDT on 30/09/2018
This competition will run in New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Queensland, Western Australia, Tasmania, Australian Capital Territory and the Northern Territory.
To enter, entrants must, during the Competition Period:
- ‘Like’ our Facebook page
- Leave a comment answering the question ‘If you had super fast NBN Internet right now, what would be the first thing you’d do?’
Number of Entries Allowed
Max 1 entry per person, per comp. Please note that this promotion is separate to our web based competition that asks the same entry mechanism question and asks for contact details. You may enter this Facebook competition once and the web competition once.
This is a game of skill; chance plays no part in how a winner is determined in this competition.
All entries will be reviewed and judged by the Promoter (or by an appointed panel of judges) based on selected criteria such as creative merit, originality and brand suitability.
Major prize: The entry judged to be the best from all entries received will win the major prize.
Minor prize/s: At any time during the Competition Period, the Promoter may also award a minor prize to the entry judged to be the best in each of Vic, NSW and Qld, at the Promoter’s discretion. Winning a minor prize does not guarantee winning the major prize.
There are three major prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place:
- 1st Prize: 2 Years Free NBN Max (50/20) + D-Link 2800 (Value RRP: $1,940)
- 2nd Prize: 1 Year Free NBN Max (50/20) + D-Link 2800 (Value RRP: $1,040)
- 3rd Prize: 6 Months Free NBN Max (50/20) + D-Link 2800 (Value RRP: $590)
See Prize Conditions for further information and conditions.
There is a limit of one prize per person/household.
The winners will be tagged in comment section and asked to private message our Facebook page and will have their Facebook name published on the Facebook Page. If no contact is made by winner within 7 days of public comment announcing winner, Australia Broadband reserve the right to redistribute
Prize Claim Date
Prize/s must be claimed by 5.00pm (AEDT) on 30/10/2018.
If the Promoter is unable to contact the winner (and/or the winner does not contact the Promoter) by the Prize Claim Date, the Promoter will discard that entry and either award the prize to the next best valid entry, or in its absolute discretion, withdraw the prize un-awarded.
These Conditions integrate, and must be read together, with the Schedule (the Conditions of Entry). Instructions on how to enter and information regarding prizes forms part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this competition constitutes acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
The Promoter’s decisions regarding all aspects of this competition are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Treatment of Personal Information
- how entrants can seek access to the personal information the Promoter holds about them and seek the correction of such information; and
- how entrants can complain about a privacy breach and how the Promoter will deal with such a complaint.
Entries must be received during the Competition Period. Entries received by the Promoter will be considered final. Entries are deemed to be received at the time they are received by the Promoter’s database and not at the time of submission by the entrant.
Entrants must only enter in their own name. Entrants who enter using multiple email/postal addresses, phone numbers, social media accounts or aliases may be disqualified. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
All entries submitted must be the entrant’s original work. The Promoter has the right at any time to verify (or require an entrant to verify) that the entry is the entrant’s original work. If in the Promoter’s opinion the entrant’s work has not been verified as their original work, the Promoter will deem that entry invalid.
All entries and any subsisting copyright become the property of the Promoter and will not be returned to entrants. By submitting an entry, entrants:
- agree to assign all rights in the entry to the Promoter and consent to the Promoter using the entry in any way and for any purpose as determined by the Promoter (including editing, adapting, altering the entry or publishing the entry in part or whole) in any media;
- undertake to the Promoter that their entry is not, and its use by the Promoter will not be, in breach of any third party intellectual property rights;
- acknowledge that their entry and their name may be made publicly available by the Promoter (in its absolute discretion) and will be accessible to the general public to view;
- assure that they own or have the right to license the copyright in each entry submitted into this competition, that no rights have been granted to any third party in respect of the entry which would prevent the entry being used as intended by the Promoter, and that the use of the entry by the Promoter will not breach any laws or infringe the rights of any person (including without limitation with respect to privacy, intellectual property and defamation);
- assure that any person shown in any photograph has consented to the entrant submitting that photograph into this competition;
- assure that their entry does not include any content that breaches any law, infringes the rights of any third party, is obscene, offensive, discriminatory, indecent, otherwise objectionable or inappropriate or makes any improper or inappropriate invasion of the privacy of any person. Without limitation, entrants must not include any content that involves nudity, malice or which may be defamatory or in contempt of court;
- assure that their entry does not include any literary, dramatic or artistic work, or any other item in which copyright subsists, unless the entrant is entitled to do so
- assure that their entry contains no viruses or other computer code or material embedded in it which may have a negative impact on the relevant Website/ Facebook Page/Instagram or any network or third party computer systems; and
- assure that all persons appearing in their photo are aged 18 years or older.
The Promoter may (but is not obliged to) determine at any time, in its absolute discretion, whether or not to publish any entries online in any media, remove any entries once published online, or amend, edit or modify any entries (or any part thereof), or disqualify or invalidate any entry including (without limitation) if the Promoter is of the view that:
- the entry does not comply with paragraph 7 above; or
- the entry otherwise breaches these Conditions of Entry.
- The Promoter will have no liability to entrants if it exercises this right.
- The Promoter is not liable for late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, incorrectly submitted delayed or illegible entries, correspondence or claims for prizes due to error, omission, tampering, theft, destruction or otherwise.
The prizes are as specified in the Prize Details and Prize Conditions sections of the Schedule and must be taken as offered and, if applicable, on the date/s specified.
Prize values are the recommended retail price (or an estimated value where a prize has no consumer price attributed) as provided by the prize supplier, include GST and are accurate as at the time of formulating these Conditions of Entry. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value after that date.
The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications arising from prize winnings. Entrants should seek their own independent financial advice.
A prize will only be awarded to an entrant once the entrant has been validated and verified by the Promoter in accordance with these Conditions of Entry.
Prize/s not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. If a prize or element of a prize becomes unavailable for any reason beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, the Promoter will award a comparable prize or prize element of equal or greater value as elected by the Promoter.
The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies are not liable for any damage, loss or delay in transit to prize/s. Prize delivery will only be made to Australian addresses.
Publication and Publicity
Where winners’ details are published, each entrant requests that his or her full address not be published
If requested by the Promoter, entrants and the winner/s (and the winner’s guest/s, if applicable) must participate in all promotional activity (for instance publicity, filming and photography) in relation this competition, free of charge and they consent to the Promoter using their name/s, image/s and/or voice/s in promotional material in any media for any length of time without notification, remuneration or compensation.
The Promoter (or its nominated agent) reserves the right, at any time during or after the Competition Period, to request entrants to produce suitable photo identification or other documentation (to the Promoter’s satisfaction in its sole discretion) to verify the validity of their entry/ies and to verify an entrant (including an entrant’s identity, age, place of residence, place of employment, eligibility to enter and eligibility to claim a prize). If the requested documentation is not provided in the time-frame required or an entrant has not been validated or verified to the Promoter’s satisfaction, then the entrant’s entry (and at the Promoter’ discretion all of the entrants’ entries) will be deemed invalid.
The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has:
- submitted an entry which is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry;
- breached any of these Conditions of Entry;
- tampered with or benefited from tampering with the entry process or the operation of the competition;
- engaged in any unlawful, fraudulent, deceptive or other improper misconduct intended to jeopardize the fairness and proper conduct of the competition and/or damage the goodwill or reputation of the Promoter or any of its related bodies corporate or the agencies or companies associated with this competition; or
- acted in a disruptive manner with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter reserves its legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender.
The Promoter has no control over communications networks and is not liable for any problems associated with them due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. Costs associated with accessing the Internet (e.g. website or social media platform) may vary depending on the Internet service provider used, and those costs are the responsibility of the entrant. The Promoter is not liable for any consequences of user error including (without limitation) costs incurred.
Except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law), the Promoter and its associated agencies and companies exclude all liability for any loss, expense, damage, personal injury, illness or death (whether or not arising from any person's negligence) that may occur from participating in this competition or as a result of accepting or using any prize.
These Conditions of Entry do not exclude, restrict or modify any statutory consumer rights under the Australian Consumer Law and any similar laws. However, to the extent permitted by law to do so, the Promoter makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, other than the Australian Consumer Law, regarding the quality and suitability of a prize awarded as part of this competition and will not be responsible for breach of any such implied terms.
If this competition is unable to run as planned due to computer virus, network/technical/communications failure, tampering or any cause beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition or invalidate any affected entries.
The Promoter may run, communicate or advertise this competition using Facebook and/or Instagram. However, the competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram. Entrants are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook or Instagram. Each entrant completely releases Facebook and Instagram from any and all liability.